Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Having fun!

As you know, I totally love the kids. They are cute, as you can see! The first small group I taught went good on Monday.I loved it! It has been a long time since I have been able to teach, so I went all out, I used 70 of my 80 minutes. so there, you can see I enjoyed it. I taught on Noah's Ark, and gave so much information. On things like how the ark could withstand the waters, how dinosaurs were on the ark, and explained the kinds of animals. It was really cool. And went well I thought. Today I taught on Esther, and a couple kids knew what I was talking about, so that was neat. I have no idea what I will do for tomorrow though, I am thinking about Daniel in the Lions den.


Things are going well, except that I have one problem, some of the kids on my team are picking on Billy, he is the littlest in the group. And it seems like he does not feel like he is part of it. It was sad for me, because I hate to see him hurting. And because the kids speak in Chinese, I have no idea when they are picking on him. Sometimes I can because of how they act, but that takes tons of observation. I spoke to Lucas about it to see if there was anything we could do, and he talked to the kids, and told them if they don't stop picking on each other, they will be in trouble. So hopefully things will change for the better. The team is very interactive, and they are teaching me some Chinese. Which is fun.


The kids are teaching us a little about their culture. And today I went to the music class. A girl named Wendy showed me how to play a Chinese instrument. And I have no idea what it is called, but it was fun. After I got used to the bow being on the side, I played most of "Come Thou Fount" on it. That was fun. I might get one of those someday. Well, thank you for your prayers!



1 comment:

Mary said...

Ede
The Lord has begun a good and mighty work in you! I do keep up to date with your blog site your dads and Joes.
I love the pictures and the insight that you share with us!
Please know that each day at least twice a day I lift you up in prayer to our Lord!
Much Love,
Nanny Mary