Sunday, July 15, 2007

The first has ended and another begun.

Well, Saturday was a day of complete business. After saying goodbye to my team, and they were taken to go clean up and prepare to perform, I had another 100 or so kids to amuse for 4 hrs. some arrived early, so the UNO cards were taken out, and ways to amuse the kids were thought of. The horrible thing was that Susanna and I had to help the kids take their luggage up to their rooms. Some of the kids are going to America after this week, so their luggage was very heavy. And there Susanna and I were carrying their luggage up to the 5th or 6th floor. After a couple trips we earned the name super girls. And we totally did our exercise for the day.


I must say it was the longest day of my life. After the kids took their luggage up to their rooms, it was lunch time. so off we went. Then to orientation. Then we had the testing, that took about 3 hrs. No break for the teachers! After that it was time to split off into teams. An hour small group, dinner, large group and finally time to take them to the dorm! After dropping them off, I did not go to my room to prepare for bed. But, stayed up to go swimming with 2 other girls. Which I was thankful I did. We had permission to go, it sounded too good to be true. And of course we ran into trouble when we got there. The pool closes at 9pm, and we got there at 9:45. We went into the pool, but the people were still there. And using the little English they knew to try and communicate to us that we needed to leave. Well, we did, even though it was for a few minutes, it was worth it.



My team this week is great! I have 6 girls and 5 boys. So as you can imagine we are having a blast. I did the Evange cube today. I had some laughs at what I said, but I also had a boy, Billy, who knew a lot about the Bible, and a girl, Jenny, who thanked me for teaching. I hope to get a chance to talk to each one of my kids about some things that are spiritual, especially these two. And my goal for this week is to teach them more English, and the idea is to use Bible stories. I might make the stories a little more modern, so they can get some more English into their vocabulary, but it would still have the same principles. This thing is still in the makings, so I would appreciate tons prayer! I really want to get more Bible in the small groups as much as possible, and this is just one way I can.



I also am helping out in the song leading. I have never done this before, so I am kind of nervous. And I really need to make a fool of myself on stage, so the kids will laugh. So please pray that God would give me ways to reach out to these kids in the songs I am doing. And that what I do will be really funny, and that I won't care what people think of me. This is a silly prayer request, but I honestly do mean it from the bottom of my heart. Thank you for your prayers. May God bless you!

No comments: