Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving





This was my first Thanksgiving spent away from home... that should say a lot. I know that I really missed my family more than ever during this holiday. And I think the rest of the teachers here did too. We celebrated with a real thanksgiving dinner. Everyone brought their favorite dishes and the traditional food they would normally eat.




I guess I've realized how much I took my family and Friends back home for granted. I miss the corny jokes, the discussion times, being crazy and not worrying about it. I guess it's just being with the people you love, and being yourself. So from being away from home, and the ones that I love dearly, and miss greatly, I've learned how special they are to me. Nothing makes you appreciate it more, than to have it taken away, and you realize how much you need it.




I'm thankful for a Dad that willingly listens to my problems and helps me solve them. I know that if I called him at three in the morning, he would be happy I called him, and talk it out with me.

I'm thankful for a Mom that is always there to supply any need she hears of. Even if I slightly suggest something, right away she is there to try and meet it.




For a brother that talks to me about the little details back home. It makes me feel as if I was there. for another brother who is patient, and always has a good attitude. For a sister who is the best! Spunky in her own way, and always asks how I am doing. For yet another brother who is so adorably cute, and I miss his hugs very much! For a sister who is always making a joyful sound, I miss her smiles! Another sister, she is my sweetie pie! Always trying to be like me, and I love her to pieces. And my little baby sister, her small voice saying "I love you", is the sweetest sound to my ears.


Other than learning more and more what things I should be really thankful for, life is going great. We are trying to improve our teaching here at the English Village, and mixing stuff up.


I am probably going to start tutoring eight kids next week! That's an awesome opportunity, I'll let you know more later. I'm making many friends here, and spending time with them a lot.

No comments: